WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

POSITIVE CHEMISTRY for Paper Players Challenge #278

It's been a while since I've had time to participate in the challenge blogs, and I'm so glad to be back in the swing of things!  It may just be the start of the new year, but in my world, it's time to start Valentine greetings!  And the people over at the Paper Players thought so as well.

I fell in love with this stamp set as soon as I saw it - not only because it is so darn cute, but because my husband has been a high school chemistry teacher for many years.  I thought this sentiment was perfect for a Valentine card.

The stamp set is "Positive Chemistry," item #B1485 from Close to My Heart.

I was looking for a simple design for the card, because I wanted to see the background image as well as the beakers in the front and the sentiment.  I used the MojoMonday Sketch 430 from last week, even though I never got the card uploaded to the challenge blog.

Using velum as the base for the beakers allowed the background stamping to show through.


This card is just one of the projects we will make in January's Stamp Club.  And just in case you don't need a "lovey-dovey" kind of card for Valentine's Day, you can create this version of the card.

Take a look at the other clean and simple Valentines over at the Paper Players Blog.

And if you are interested in attending one of my classes or getting a kit (even out of the area), check out the Stamp Club post for January.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope your new year is off to a great start!

3 comments:

stampwithsandy said...

Gail this is so cute! What an adorable and clever stamp set and you certainly made it shine. Thanks so much for playing along with my Valentine challenge at The Paper Players!

Claire Broadwater said...

Gail, this is SO FUN! I love the stamp set and the color combo. A perfect Valentine for someone special! Thank you for joining us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a fun stamp set - great for a quirky Valentine's card. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Players this week!