WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, January 24, 2016

Clean and Simple Birthday Card for Freshly Made Sketches

"Birthday Extravaganza" is next month for Stamp Club, so I've been looking for Clean and Simple designs that will allow us to make a lot of fun cards in a short amount of time.  The sketch from Freshly Made Sketches is perfect.  This card allowed me to combine flower stamps from several stamp sets on one card.  I used three different colors of ink.  Several of the flowers were so delicate, I decided to double-stamp them to give them more volume.  Finally, I decided that the center flower needed a little dimension, so I stamped it again, cut it out, and mounted it so it met the outside edge of the card. I had already popped up the stamped panel, so I just rolled a few glue dots to give the edge of the flower the dimension I wanted with out adding a lot of bulk.  Because all of the detail of the design is in the top left corner, I added a small piece of topiary cardstock to the bottom right of the card.

Here's a list of what I used:
Stamps:
Wavy Blooms (D1651) - 2 flowers
Springtime Wishes (C1641) - flower and leaves
Joyful Birthday (B1419) - sentiment
Paper:
Colonial White and Topiary cardstock
Inks:
Poppy, Sorbet, Pomegranate, and Topiary

Be sure to check out the other cards made with this sketch over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog.
Thanks for stopping by today.  GO CARDINALS!!!

1 comment:

Jen Mitchell said...

Those outline images are so pretty! The colors and your design are fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!