WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, January 25, 2016

Masculine Birthday Card for CAS(E) this Sketch and Seize the Birthday

I am designing number of Clean and Simple cards for February's Birthday Extravaganza class.  When I saw the design at CAS(E) this Sketch this week, I knew the perfect stamp set to go with it.  "Charming Cascades" has three different images that cascade down the page.  I used the dots and stars to create the background for this card, then added the sentiment from "Stamps of Approval."  The design worked so well to create a masculine card that is quick but looks great!  I'm also entering this card over at the Seize the Birthday Clean and Simple Challenge this week.

Here's a list of what I used.  All are from Close to My Heart

Stamps:
Charming Cascades (D1668) - dot and star background
Stamps of Approval (C1637) - sentiment
Papers:
Colonial White, Black and Flaxen cardstock
Inks:
Black and Flaxen  
Other:
Black enamel stars (retired)
Mounting Foam
This card will be a part of February's Stamp Club class.  If interested, watch this blog or email me at scrappingailaz@gmail.com for more information.

Be sure to check out the other great Clean and Simple cards at both CAS(E) this Sketch blog and Seize the Birthday blog.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

Love this card, Gail! Great use of Charming Cascades for the background. At first glance the Flaxen looked like a gold color which goes so nicely with black. Thanks for inspiring me today!
:) Marie

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this background is perfect for the sketch! Such a fun card!

Nancy said...

What a wonderful array of stars and dots! Makes for a great background that looks so much like paper! Well done you! So happy you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

JoAnn said...

Love your card and the nice colors. It is great for a masculine card. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Seize the Birthday.