WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, February 1, 2021

Winter Penguins' Birthday for Freshly Made Sketches

 


To think that I almost didn't get these penguins!  I'm so glad I changed my mind - you're going to be seeing a lot of them in the coming days.  I used the Freshly Made Sketch #470 for the basic design of the card and had fun coloring and jazzing up the little penguins to help someone special celebrate their birthday.

I used the Cool Mint and Glisten Stickles to bring some sparkle to the pom poms on these penguins' stocking caps.  If you look closely, you will notice that the glasses are shining as well.  I was able to use the CTMH medium tip embossing pen to go over the stamped eye glasses and added clear embossing powder to help the glasses stand out.  The gift up in the top right corner was actually colored with the CTMH lemonade shimmer brush, so there's a bit of shine up there as well!

The penguins are stamped and die cut using the "Winter Penguins" stamp and thin cut die set from Close to My Heart (Z3917).  I used the Spectrum Noir Tri-blend markers (pale pink blend, magenta blend, blue turquoise blend, and orange blend) to color the little penguins.  The confetti paper is from the CTMH Party Time paper pack (X8016S), with a little bit of lagoon cardstock.  The birthday sentiment is from the "Celebrating You" stamp set from CTMH (C1847).

Thanks for stopping by my blog to check out this card.  Don't forget to pop over to the Freshly Made Sketches blog to see the other cards created with this same sketch.  I love the way everyone has their own take and you get so many wonderful ideas!
 

3 comments:

Jen Brum said...

Love your celebrating penguins! They are so cute! The background paper is so fun as well! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Jen Timko said...

Just as cute as can be! Love these fun penguins with that paper. So glad you joined us this week at FMS!

Amy O said...

I love these partying penguins! Such fun! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!