WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, February 21, 2021

Stitched Lattice Background Die = QUICK Card!

 

Sometimes, it's nice to have a quick design option for a card.  The detail in the Stitched Lattice Thin Cut Die (Z3681) from Close to My Heart is just such an option!  Notice the detail in the quilt-style stitched background and the various sizes of cut-out shapes that bring interests to the background.

The typewriter image is from the Happiness Lives Here Cardmaking Workshop (G1222) stamp set.  I used Black Soot Distress Oxide ink and added clear embossing powder to give the look of an old-fashioned typewriter.  Gold shimmer trim was added, and the stamped strip uses one of the images on the February 2021 Stamp of the Month - Doodled Borders (S2102)

There's not a lot of other details on the card front, so adding some embellishments gives it a bit of life.  I stayed with gold - using gold embellishing thread, gold shimmer trim, gold glitter gems, and I took the wooden heart (which comes with the cardmaking workshop) and used the gold shimmer brush to give it some sparkle.  I substituted a wooden star on one card, adding the same shimmer. 

This card is one of the four-card set for the February Stamp Kit.  Here's a link to the post that gives the details of all the cards and the cost for purchasing.  Registration ends on Friday, February 26, 2021.
 

No comments: