WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, February 8, 2021

A PENGUIN BIRTHDAY PARTY!

If you've been following my posts, you know that I've had a LOT of fun with the Winter Penguins stamp/die set from Close to My Heart (Z3917).  This is the last one I have created (at least as of today!).   These fun little penguins are ready to go to the birthday party.  Wouldn't you love to join them?

I used the smooshing technique with the Distress Oxide inks.  I was concerned that the Picked Raspberry would be a bit too bold, so I mixed it with Tattered Rose on my All Purpose Craft Mat before spritzing with water and then smooshing the paper on it.  The Tattered Rose had the effect I wanted - toning down the bright pink.  

I used Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers to color the penguins - Magenta Blend, Blue Turquoise Blend, and Burnt Orange Blend.  The strip of confetti paper is from the Party Time paper suite from CTMH.  The Happy Birthday greeting is from "On Your Birthday" (D1960)

Thanks for stopping by - wishing you a happy day!

 
 

No comments: