WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Gnomebody Like You for Fusion Card Challenge

 


Gnomes are certainly popular, and the Fusion Card Challenge suggested a Valentine Gnome this past week, so I went for it.  I thought this guy and the sentiment fit the challenge.  And this card actually was my husband's Valentine card!

The image and sentiment are from the "Garden Gnomes" stamp and thin cut combo from Close to My Heart (Z3781).  It's fun to take a general purpose stamp set and make it work for a special occasion.  The design for the card was from a previous Mojo Monday sketch, but I didn't get the card finished in time to submit on that blog.  I did paper piecing for most of the gnome, except for his boots and skin.  For those, I used Spectrum Noir Tri-Blend markers.

I really wanted to use the stitched heart die for the sentiment, but it was too wide for the heart.  No problem - I just stamped it on another piece of smoothie cardstock and fussy cut around the word that was too big and popped it up so it overlapped the heart.  Quick, easy solution!

Once I had the main elements on the card, I knew that I needed to fill in some of the "blank" spaces, but didn't want much.  The current Stamp of the Month from CTMH is called Doodled Borders (S2102), and there are so many little elements on this set that it was easy to find stamps that worked perfectly!  Notice that they even fit the Valentine's theme!  The little heart border to the right of the gnome, the XO below that border, and the tiny heart at the top.  How great to have a set that has so many options. 


For that turquoise acrylic heart, I reached into my embellishment stash and found this from the Aurora retired paper suite - it added that last element to the card.

Thanks for stopping by to check out my card.  Be sure to pop over to the Fusion Card Challenge blog to see the other creations in this challenge. 

 

No comments: