WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, February 5, 2021

PENGUIN SLIDER CARD

 

I mentioned that I would be sharing more with the Winter Penguins stamp/die set from Close to My Heart (Z3917).   I couldn't resist creating this slider with the skating penguin and giving him a real ice pond to skate on!  This card had two sources of inspiration.  A fellow CTMH consultant had shared a penguin slider card using a recent paper pack, and the company actually used holographic paper for an ice patch on a sample in the current catalog.  So I combined the two ideas and found some Wonderland papers in my stash from years ago (literally, this paper came out in the autumn/winter catalog of 2011!).  The colors coordinated quite nicely with the new Dreamy holographic paper (Z3635).  Speaking of colors, the twilight and crystal blues in the pattern paper had also retired, but of course, I found some cardstock in my stash, and I still had the ink pads!  It's good to hang on to those things you truly love!

Here's a quick little video that shows you how nicely he slides along the ice pond.

 The trees were cut and stamped using the Jingle Joy Scrapbooking stamp/die set (Z3896) that was in the November/December catalog, but is still available on my website.  The snow scene with houses and trees was created with the Yuletide Borders thin cuts (Z3893).  This set was from the same catalog, and it is also available.  I think these little elements really bring the scene to life.

Don't miss out on getting these cute penguins (Z3917) - they have LOTS of fun characters to play with!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: