WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

CELEBRATING PURPLE FOR SPRING and EASTER




As February draws to a close, several of the challenges this week chose the beautiful purple color of the amethyst gemstone of the month.  In addition, there was an embossing challenge.  So this card, and the two below that follow the same design, work perfectly for these three challenges!

These cards all make use of the CTMH Pansy Purple carstock, ink and coordinating watercolor pencils (the Just Us Girls and Shopping Our Stash challenges).  For the background of the bunny card, I used the new Playful Scallops embossing folder (Z4231).  For the cards below, I used the retired Rose embossing folder (Z3343) which is available on the CTMH clearance page!  All of the image bases were cut with the new Stitched Rectangle Frames (Z4260).  The sentiments were then stamped and heat embossed on a strip of vellum paper.  The entire embossed strip was overlayed on the image base and wrapped around the embossed panel (two types of embossing for the Just Add Ink challenge).  I love using vellum this way to allow the background image to show through, but still highlight the sentiment.


The stamp sets used for these cards are (all from Close to My Heart)
  
Bunny card
  • image from "Bunny Basket" M1211
  • image colored with watercolor pencils
  • sentiment from "Egg-stra Special D1828
Sympathy card
  • image and sentiment from "Know that I Care" C1752
  • ink on flowers is second generation Pansy
Easter Morning card
  • image and sentiment from "Easter Sunday" C1766
  • flowers colored with watercolor pencils 
Be sure to click on the challenge links above to visit the sites to see other great creations with these themes. 

If you are interested in any of the products I used, check out my Close to My Heart website - scrappingail.closetomyheart.com

Thanks for stopping by! 

10 comments:

Kathleen said...

OMG, Gail these are awsome! They all look wonderfully springing said the girl from Montana buried under 2.5 feet of snow...

Greetings from Gail said...

Oh, Kathleen - I can relate! I live in Northern Arizona and last weekend we had over 20" fall in only 36 hours! Haven't had to work that hard since I lived in the Midwest!

Chana Malkah said...

Your creations are lovely and oh so elegant. Thanks for sharing with us at Shopping Our Stash.
Hugz,
Chana

KimB said...

The embossed white backgrounds are really striking Gail and provide great contrast to your lovely coloured images. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week. Kim

Jan said...

Such beautiful cards, Gail - all so pretty and elegant. I love the Bunny in his basket. Beautifully coloured, and the background embossing is so playful too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.

Kelly Kent said...

So cute! I love some crisp white embossing! Thanks for sharing your project with us for the Just Add Ink challenge. Kelly x

Lisa Kind said...

All of your cards are just so beautiful! I love the vellum bands with the gold embossing! So pretty! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Donna said...

Lovely cards, the vellum is stunning and I love the wee bunny!
Thank you for sharing and for celebrating FABULOUS FEBRUARY with the crew from SHOPPING OUR STASH!!

Unknown said...

What ink did you use for the image from "Easter Sunday"? Was it embossed in silver as well, or some other ink?

Greetings from Gail said...

The cross image was stamped with pewter on pebble cardstock. The sentiment was embossed on vellum with silver ultra fine Ranger powder.