WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, March 16, 2019

Sticky Note for Freshly Made Sketch Challenge #379


Living in Northern Arizona is beautiful.  We do not have the heat that other parts of the state experience, BUT we do still encounter those cacti in the empty lots in the neighborhood!  It was quite a challenge when the boys were young and we were sledding down the hillside - just had to be careful where you landed!  Maybe that's why this fun stamp set - "Sticky Notes: - from Close to My Heart is so fun to me.  I can enjoy the images and the puns in the sentiments that accompany the set. 

I used the design from this week's Freshly Made Sketch challenge for the card.  It is such a versatile design, I even used another stamp set for a second card!  That will be shown in just a bit.  If you are looking to see more creations with this sketch, then just follow this link to the FMS blog to take a look!

In addition to the Sticky Notes (C1751) stamp set, I used the new Playful Scallops Embossing Folder (Z4231), the Stitched Circle Thin Cut Dies (Z4181), Fern and Sweet Leaf inks, and the watercolor pencils (Z4242) - all from Close to My Heart.


Thought you would like to see the second card I made with this sketch.  I love it when you can cut one set of papers but get multiple card designs from it!  That's what I did here - primarily to give the people in my card classes a choice for their project.  Not everyone is going to want the cactus theme, no matter how cute I think it is!  So here's what I did for a gentler card!


This card makes use of the upcoming Stamp of the Month for April from Close to My Heart - "Love So Sweet" (S1904).  Just a change of the stamp pads and everything else is the same!  The flowers are done in Peach and Glacier inks, while the butterfly uses Lagoon.  The leaves are the new Sage ink - which I have fallen in love with! 


Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world.  I hope you are enjoying a beautiful weekend.

6 comments:

Betty said...

I love both these cards... how creative! Wasn't going to get the cactus set, but now I might have to!

Karren said...

What a great story! And what beautiful cacti you've used on your card! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Jacquie Southas said...

What a pair of beautiful cards! Thanks for playing along with us at FMS this week!

Judy Rozema said...

I love your cards, Gail! I am an Arizona girl too -- a Flagstaff native! My first teaching job way back in the 80's was in Bagdad - right next to you! Love Prescott Valley, and miss Arizona so much! I live in Nebraska now. Thanks for linking up at Freshly Made Sketches. Be sure to check the winner post tomorrow!

Greetings from Gail said...

Judy, our lives were in reverse. I am a native of Nebraska, now living in Arizona! Hope you aren't affected by the flooding.

Christine Kiehl said...

Such a lovely cactus card! nicely done!