WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, May 21, 2016

SANDCASTLE ON THE BEACH

I fell in love with the sand castle stamp, and decided that the sketch for Mojo Monday this week was perfect - it allowed me to fit all the elements I wanted without them overwhelming the focal point.  The tilted panels show  the seaside background, while the sand castle is popped up over the circle.

I created the background by inking my acrylic block, then spritzing it with water before applying it the paper.  It creates a great watercolor look.  The blue was applied first, and the "sand" was created with a wavy block that overlapped the blue.  Waves were then stamped on the water and I grabbed an embossing folder that I haven't used in quite a while for the clouds in the sky.  The same embossing folder was used on the blue panel, but I used the debossed side for that shape.

I used a colonial white pigment ink and sponged it on the kraft paper before stamping the sand castle to give it some dimension.  That image is then popped up over a double circle.

I couldn't resist the phrase for the inside of the card.  The beach ball was cute, and what better way to celebrate a birthday!  I used a brad from my stash - gosh, I hardly use those any more.  But because of that and the older embossing folder, I am entering this card in the "Shopping our Stash" challenge this week with a Sounds of the Sea theme.

This card will be a part of June's Stamp Club, with the theme - The Kid in All of Us!  More information will be coming about that.  Meanwhile, here's a list of what I used - all from CTMH unless stated otherwise.
Stamps
Beach Life (D1691)
Lovely Day (B1462) - inside sentiment
Wonderful Words: Birthday (#2641 from Papertry Ink) - front sentiment
Papers
Kraft, White Daisy, Honey and Glacier cardstock
Inks
Glacier, Desert Sand, Chocolate, Lagoon, Black and Colonial White
Other
Cloud embossing folder - Stampin' Up
Acrylic blocks
Thin 3-D Mounting Tape
Nestabilities circle die
Papertrey Ink stitched circle frame die

Be sure to check out both of the challenge blogs that I am participating in -  Mojo Monday and Shopping Our Stash.  There are so many great projects to inspire you. 

Thanks for stopping by - and hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a sweet little card. Love your ocean scene. Thanks for joining us at Mojo Monday!

lauren bergold said...

oh wow, that really is a completely awesome stamp and you've used it so perfectly here! thanks for SHOPPING YOUR (seashore!) STASH with us this week! ♥