WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, August 11, 2014

INSPIRED BY A SONG

It's Monday, so time for my next contribution to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge as a guest member of their design team.  This week's challenge is to create a project inspired by a song.  My mother loves the movie The Wizard of Oz, and especially Judy Garland singing Over the Rainbow.  I've seen so many projects recently using the masking tape technique, I had to give it a try.  So I tried to create a rainbow on my card - and think it turned out pretty well!  I tried to get all seven colors of the rainbow using the masking tape technique, but it just seemed too long.  So to include those last two colors, I added the appropriate cardstock at the top and bottom of my rainbow piece.

Everything I read and watched about this technique suggested using painter's tape so that the tape wouldn't stick to the card.  But the blue painter's tape I had was too wide, so I decided to use washi tape.  I had lots of it in different widths, and found the one that worked best for my size.  I do suggest using gloves to protect your fingers (and save your project from getting ink where you don't want it).  You just put the sticky side of the tape on the ink pad, press it to get the ink on the tape, and then apply it to your paper.  The amount of pressure determines how much ink gets onto the tape, and then you rub it on your paper to release it.  A different look for each strip you put down!

The stamped images and sentiment are from the CTMH set "Your Own Kind of Wonderful" (D1627).  Here's the rest of the items I used on the card (all are CTMH) :
Inks -
Sunset
Canary
Pear
Crystal Blue
Thistle
Black
Papers -
Wanderful B&T paper (polka dot background)
Brushed B&T paper (yellow for large butterfly)
Glacier cardstock (small butterfly)
Cranberry cardstock
Gypsy cardstock
White Daisy cardstock


In addition to the Heart 2 Heart Challenge, I am also entering this card in the Case Study Challenge.  They also had an "Inspired by" theme, but the inspiration came from one of the projects created by their design team.  I chose two designs as my inspiration -  Laura Bassen, as she had a rainbow-like color progression, and JJ Bolton with her rainbow stripes.


I hope you'll check out the other projects created for both of these challenges.  Just click on the links below:

Heart 2 Heart - "Inspired by a Song"
Case Study - Anniversary Inspiration

Once you've checked these blogs out, I hope you will be inspired and join along with one or both of them!!

Thanks for stopping by.

4 comments:

Allie said...

Great job with the rainbow...I like your suggestion about using washi tape, I may just have to try that!

Unknown said...

Beautiful! Love you bands of color! Thanks for joining us this week at CASE Study!

Brandi said...

So pretty, I just had to give this a try after seeing your card, you truly inspired me!

Lauren said...

This is just gorgeous!