WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, August 1, 2014

HEART 2 HEART SCRAPBOOK CHALLENGE - INSPIRED BY NATURE



This blog post is a first for me – the first time I’m on a design team, this time as a guest member for the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog.  This is one of the blogs I follow regularly, even if I’m not always able to participate.  So this is really an honor for me.

Now – on to the project!  Today is the scrapbook challenge, which is “Inspired by Nature”.  The added challenge for the scrapbook layout is to use distressing.   On this layout using the new Seaside papers from CTMH (now available!!!) you can definitely see the inspiration of nature, and hopefully you’ll see several different ways I’ve added distressing.
 
First – the paper itself has the distressed, weathered wood appearance.  

Second – the stamped title and the stamped image behind the journaling block have the distressed look to them.
 
Third – I inked the edges of the cut-out accessory pieces.  I used the Desert Sand ink to tone down the Colonial White cardstock and make it blend in better with the other elements.
Finally – I used the edge distresser on the Chocolate Cardstock photo mats to rough them up, and even turned over several corners for that worn look.

The pattern for the layout is from the “Magic” Interactive Scrapbook Designs book – Out of the Hat found on pages 82 & 83.  I took several elements from the Seaside Workshop on the Go layout, substituting the Cricut Artbooking photo strip and frames for regular matting.  I also used an Artbooking overlay instead of a solid piece of cardstock on the left page of the layout.

In addition to the Seaside WOTG stamp set, I used “Hello Summer” and “Have a Happy Day.”  Embellishments are the Seaside Assortment (those darling metal shells and fish) and Aqua Dots.  Inks used are Pear, Sorbet, Chocolate, Glacier, and Honey.

Check out the other layouts inspired by nature over at Heart2 Heart – and give it a try.  You have until the end of the month to enter this challenge, so put your thinking hat on and create away!

3 comments:

ScrappyHorses said...

What a great inspiration! I love the way you used those new papers! La Jolla and Coronado are such beautiful areas full of nature. Love your pics!

Allie said...

I love everything about your layout, Gail! Your distressing gives the perfect "seaside" look to the photos and the new Seaside papers look amazing - I may just have to get them myself! Good to have you as a Guest Designer this month at H2H!

Brandi said...

I love this layout. I love your journaling block too. Seaside works well for your San Diego trip. I hope you had a great time there, it is beautiful just like your layout. Thanks for playing along with H2H!