WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, April 21, 2014

FAB FRIDAY 39




I bought a package of adhesive cork nearly a year ago, and am finally getting around to using it!  I thought it added a nice bit of dimension and texture to this card.  I altered the placement of the strips from the Fab Friday sketch slightly, but like the clean and simple look.  This will be another card for my "It's A Guy Thing" Stamp Club in May.

Here are the products that I used:
Green ice cardstock - from my stash - who knows how long it's been there!
Outdoor Denim cardstock (CTMH)
Sarita background paper (CTMH)
Adhesive Cork Stack (DCWV)
Outdoor Denim and Champagne inks (CTMH)
Set Sail stamp set (SU retired) - ship image
Schooner stamp set (SU retired) - inside image and sentiment
Holiday Tags stamp set (CTMH - D1560) - front sentiment


Check out the Fab Friday challenge blog to see the other great cards made with this sketch.
Thanks for stopping by - and enjoy your week!

4 comments:

Brian King said...

Gail, You've selected such beautiful colors and the image. Thanks for playing along with the FabFriday challenge this week.

Cheryl said...

Love this card! Great job! Thanks for sharing!

Marla Reed said...

What a great masculine card! The cork really gives it an extra special quality. Thanks for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Neat idea to use a strip of cork for one of the sketch elements! I think it is a wonderful way to add texture and detail to a more masculine card. Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!