WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Monday, June 17, 2013

FATHER'S DAY using Crazy 4 Challenges C4C190 and TOOLS for Heart 2 Heart


I knew I wanted to use a lighthouse for my husband's Father's Day card because of the inside phrase from an old stamp set. Saturday brought new challenges, and I chose the Crazy 4 Challenge Sketch for my card.  But I also used several different of my go-to crafting tools to complete this card, so am entering it in Heart 2 Heart's Tool Time Challenge.

While I LOVE my Cricut, when I'm designing, I use my Nestabilities Dies in my Sizzix machine to see if it's going to work.  THEN I transfer the design to the Cricut so I can cut multiples for my classes.  But since this was a single card, the Sizzix was at work.  And since I was working with a sketch, I had my ruler out so I could get it as close to the original design as possible.  These tools can not be replaced.

This is a 5X7 card using retired Victory paper from CTMH.  This double-sided patterned sheet is currently available on my CTMH website in the While Supplies Last category - I've stocked up!  You can too - just click here to head over and check out the deals!

The stamp sets are also retired - Perfect Day (CTMH) for the two images and Beauty of Life and Lighthouse (both SU) for the phrases.

Here's the phrase for the inside that inspired my card!
Head on over to the Crazy 4 Challenges blog to see all the great creations with this sketch.
Check out the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog to see how many different tools people used!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love your card! The Perfect Day stamp set is one of my favorites. I especially like how you put the lighthouse inside the oval. Thanks so much for playing along with H2H this week!

Linda Pekrul said...

Love all the texture and different layers on this card!