WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, December 23, 2018

ANOTHER SNEAK PEAK - Seasonal Expressions 1 and January Stamp Club

Here's another peak at new products from the upcoming Seasonal Expressions catalog from Close to My Heart.  I think you will love this butterfly as much as I do.



I love following sketch challenge blogs to get fresh ideas for my creations.  This week, I was drawn to the Freshly Made Sketch, and am also entering this into the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  You can use either of those links to check out other projects entered in these challenges.

Now, let's talk about the card.  The base is made from sweet leaf cardstock.  The tag is cut with the large stitched tag from the Fancy Tags thin cut die set. I used the new peach cardstock which works well with the leaf pattern from the "Feels Like Home" papers.  The sentiment is from the "I Heart Us - Cardmaking" stamp set.

The closeup image below shows the detail of the butterfly - stamped and die cut with the "Butterfly Friendship" stamp/die set.  Both peach and peacock inks were used  to stamp the inside coloring of the butterfly.  The layer of velum gives an added dimension . 
 


You'll notice that I stamped the "beautiful" in peacock blue and popped it up over the sentiment.  I actually consulted the new "Love of Color" book to figure out what ink would provide the best compliment to the cardstock colors I was using.  While the book suggested a brighter blue, at least it directed me to a color choice - something I sometimes have difficulty with.




Here's some of those products I mentioned that were used on this card.  This card will be one of four projects offered in January's Stamp Club classes.  More information will be posted here - but if you are interested, send me an email
scrappingailaz@gmail.com

My classes are held in my home studio in Prescott Valley, AZ, but I do offer pre-stamped kits and can mail those directly to you.

Classes will be held on January 3, 5, 7, & 8.
Hope you can join us!

If you are interested in any of these products, head over to my CTMH website as of January 1 to get the for yourself -
scrappingail.closetomyheart.com
If you place an order, you will get the new catalog in your order!

Thanks for stopping by - and hope you enjoy this holiday season.

4 comments:

Tristan said...

Gail you've created a lovely card. I love all the different layers, beautifully balanced. Thanks for joining in the fun at the Watercooler Wednesday Challenge this week. Tristan DT

Donna Scholz said...

Lovely card, Gail! I like the pink and peacock colors together. I use my color wheel every so often to solve similar color dilemmas, too. Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Watercooler Wednesday Challenges!! -Donna

Linda Callahan said...

Very pretty! Love the butterfly with the papa era you used! Glad you joined us at FMS!

Jen Brum said...

Such a pretty card! I love that butterfly and the sentiment! What a pretty colour combination! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!