WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Something New - a new card, new papers, and new design book!

It's fun to take a paper with one theme and switch it around for another use. The papers on this card are from the NEW CTMH Make Waves set - that's right, it's all about mermaids and water. But you would never know that from this card! The green paper with the leaves stamped on it actually has star fish all over it - but you don't really notice them! 

I used pattern #12 from the NEW Make it From Your Heart Volume 4 for the design.  This new loose-leaf book fits in the CTMH Everyday Life Album and has 24 card patterns (18 vertical card designs and 6 horizontal) in the standard 4¼" x 5½" card size. 
 

I love the fact that the paper packs from CTMH have 8 different designs that coordinate with each other - so it's easy to make a card like this with four different papers and you know that they will work together!

The sentiment and leaf border are stamped using the NEW Sunny Thoughts stamp set.  In fact, it is so new, you can't even get it until February, since it is the Stamp of the Month next month.  But this gives you something to look forward to!

Do you notice a little theme going on in my descriptions?  This card is being entered over at the Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog, and one of the themes for January is SOMETHING NEW.  So I'm just showing how this card fits in that category.  Click on the blog link above to see the other great projects focusing on something new!

This card is one of the six we are doing in my February Birthday Extravaganza classes. Dates for Birthday Extravaganza are Thursday February 1, Saturday February 3, Monday February 5 or Tuesday February 6. Can't make it or don't live in the Prescott Valley, AZ area? No problem - I can do a pre-stamped kit and even pop it in the mail to you. Photo instructions included. 

Email me at scrappingailaz@gmail.com if you are interested.

I've posted photos of three other cards we are making in earlier posts on this blog - so head to the home page to see all of them.  The other two will be posted soon.

2 comments:

Suzanne Reynolds said...

Love the assortment of design papers you used and nice layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Heart2Heart this past month.

Brandi said...

Great card, I love the fun colours and the use of the Sunny Thoughts, great job! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca