WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Seize the Birthday Challenge

I'm getting back into the crafting "groove" after my trips far and wide!  It's fun to back in the craft room again - and about time, since I have a class in just a little over a week! 

The inspiration for the card I made is from Pinterest (of course!).  I love the "Botanical Backgrounds" stamp set from CTMH (D1645).  Coloring everything on the white background seemed a bit daunting, so just coloring in a few of the images worked well. 

The front flower (from "Happy Birds" C1600) is also colored, using the Golden Yellow ShinHan Touch Twin Marker (CTMH #Z2452).  The leaves are stamped with Honey ink and are from the "Have a Happy Day" set (D1616).  It's fun finding images from many different stamp sets that work together. 

The sentiments are all from the "Happy Everything" Operation Smile stamp set (D1653).  Operation Smile is the CTMH charity, and $3 from every stamp set sold goes straight to Operation Smile.  But this set will only be around for a little while.  It is retiring on August 31. So pop over to my CTMH website if you are interested in it (or any of the other sets featured here). 

I'm entering this card in the Seize the Birthday Anything Goes challenge this week.  Check out their blog for other great birthday cards.

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope that you have a one-of-a-kind, fabulous day!

1 comment:

Jodene said...

Gorgeous background and such a bright fun card! Thanks for playing along with us at Seize The Birthday :)