WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, December 4, 2022

FOREST CRITTERS for FRESHLY MADE SKETCHES & JUST ADD INK CHALLENGES

This is the second card I've posted using Forest Critters - the December Stamp of the Month from Close to My Heart.  I had no idea how fun this set would be to work with.  On the last card, I left the tree branches bare, but decided to add that greenery to them this time.  I still have the deer, but I used several little birds instead of one of the ground-based animal.  That allowed me to work with the sketch challenge over at Freshly Made Sketches this week.  You can see that I needed a couple of smaller elements on the left top of the circle, so the birds were perfect.  And then I found that the Just Add Ink challenge allowed you to choose two elements from these three -- Deers - Trees - Sparkle  Well, I think I have that covered!  Be sure to click on those highlighted challenge blogs to pop over and see what others have created with these parameters.

The card shared by Freshly Made Sketches design team member Narelle inspired me for the paper layering and the ink smooshing on the circle.  I'm so glad that distressing has made a comeback - I think it adds to the rustic look of the forest scene.

Every element on the card is found in this stamp set.  I really like the versatility of the sentiments.  This can work all year long!

Images were stamped with Mocha and Pine inks.  The sentiment was heat embossed on Mocha cardstock.  I used colored pencils to color the images, and Distress Oxide inks for the ink smooshing on the circle. 

I was glad to have my Misti stamping platform since I was stamping over the circle layered on top of the background cardstock.  Being able to stamp several times was great, but I still needed the help of my Sepia LePen to fill in the few blank spaces!

Thanks for stopping by my little corner of the blog world.  I hope you have a wonderful week!
 

 

4 comments:

Amy O said...

What a pretty scene! I love the distressed edges with it too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a sweet woodland scene . Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly made Sketches this week.

Chantell Randall said...

Super cute! Love how you have stamped the trees over the layers. Very clever idea. Chantell Just Add Ink

janscreatedcards said...

Such a beautiful scene, avail! I love the tree branches and your beautifully coloured deer standing underneath them. The scene inside the circle has such a lovely aged look to it too. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week.