WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Thursday, September 8, 2022

Paper Pals Challenge PP607 - Fall Theme

 

I love the autumn season, so when a challenge comes along with that theme, and I have a pumpkin die just waiting to be used, I am in!  That's the case over at The Paper Players this week, so click on the link above and check out all the other fall projects you will find there - and there are plenty to see!

I used the pumpkin die a little different way.  I cut the die shape out of a piece of cardstock to create a stencil template.  Then, I used a technique from Gina K where I lightly inked the pumpkin shape.  I used both sundance and nectarine inks.  Then I laid the plastic stencil over the cardstock template and used a heavier hand with nectarine to show the design.  Adding the actual die outline helped to define the image.

Then I decided that I needed to use that same stencil design near the sentiment, and once I finished that, I decided to create a landing pad of "grass" for the pumpkin and used the same stencil again! 

The sentiment and all of the leaves are from "Enjoy These Moments", the September Stamp of the Month from Close to My Heart.

I also like to add similar images to the inside of my cards, so I just used the stencil again, a smaller sentiment from the same stamp set and a few more leaves.

And I am thankful for you stopping by my blog to enjoy these fall colors and leaves.  All products are from Close to My Heart -

Pumpkin Thin Cuts (Z8044)

Card Front Stencil Pack (Z6093)

Enjoy These Moments stamp (S2209)

 

3 comments:

Ann Schach said...

What a beautiful card, Gail! I LOVE the stenciling. These colors are perfect for a Fall Fun card! The leaves and acorns are a wonderful way to accent the pumpkin. Thank you for playing with The Paper Players this week!

Cindy Beach said...

What an amazing technique! The inking is so clever and I love the colors your chose. The bold sentiment is perfect. Thanks so much for joining us this week at The Paper Players!!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Gail, your card is gorgeous! Wow! I love the stenciling technique and your color combo is fabulous for fall. Thank you so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!