WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

Cake Day Cardmaking - a different take on the kit!

 The Cake Day Cardmaking Workshop (G1250) stamp set has a large interactive cake on it, but it also has this nice little cake image, the banner and the sentiment.  I used these elements of the stamp set along with one of my favorite sheets of paper from the Cake Day paper suite (X7278S), and created this card.  This card was not one of the four designs provided in the kit.  I love that these stamp sets are versatile on their own.

I only used two colors on this card - glacier, which is the color of the letters for HAPPY BIRTHDAY that are spread over the paper, and Wild Berry, which happens to be the focus of the CTMH special sale this month!

You can see several details I added that weren't a part of the cardmaking workshop set.  The ink splotch behind the cake is from Perfectly Imperfect Patterns (D2051) gave just the right backing for the cake.  The scallop border is from the Festive Borders stamp/thin cut die set (Z3996).  It is a birthday themed set, so it seemed appropriate to use it here.

The little dots you see are the Wild Berry Enamel Dots (Z5008), which just happen to be on sale this month!  Don't miss out if you like this color.  I also added just a tiny strip of Wild Berry Glitter Paper (Z2538) along the edge of that scallop border.  Just the right pop of sparkle!

The papers in the suite, as all of the Close to My Heart papers do, have a zip strip at the top.  It's nice to have that little extra design when creating.  I used it on the bottom of the inside of the card, and used the banner stamp again along with another one of the birthday greetings.

I am entering this card in three card challenges this week.  Be sure to check out each of these blogs to see other creations that have been shared.  Just click on the name of each blog and you'll pop right over to it!

Heart 2 Heart Challenges - Anything Goes! 

Seize the Birthday - Challenge #235 - Stripe it Up - OR - Anything Goes

Addicted to Stamps and More - Make Your Mark

All of the products that I used are from Close to My Heart, and you can find them all on my CTMH website.  Click here to head over there, then put the item number you are interested in seeing in the search box.

5 comments:

Katy said...

CUTE!!! I absolutely LOVE that scalloped border...totally overlooked that Border Thin Cut (frantically searching my stash to see if i have it)!

Nancy said...

This birthday card certainly gets your attention over at Seize the Birthday! I adore the color combnation and the fun layout! So happy you played along, please join us again soon!

JulieP said...

So fun and colorful!!!! I really love that background piece and the pink just pops! Thanks so much for playing with us at the Seize the Birthday blog!

Brandi said...

Fabulous card, I love it! I love that border and the colours you used! Thanks for playing along with Heart 2 Heart Challenges (H2H).

Brandi R.
DT member H2H
crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

Cat Nowak said...

Adorable birthday card! I love the scalloped border and the banners! Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!