WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, September 15, 2017

FALL CARD - Clean and Simple



Today it started to feel like fall!  And if we had any trees in our yard, we would soon be raking leaves from them.  But since we didn't want to obstruct our views, we only planted shrubs, so we don't have to deal with that chore of the season.  But I do love fall leaves - all of their wonderful colors.  So that is what I portrayed on this card with yellows and reds and oranges and greens and even some purple!

I used the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.  The panel with the leaves is popped up over the white card base.  Those who attend my monthly card classes will be creating this card as a part of the October class.  Stay tuned if you want to see what else we will be working on!

Here's a closer look at the dimension I was able to create with the layers of leaves.  I cut two of the "thankful" words and glued them together so they had a little more substance on the card.


Here's a list of what I used.  All products are from Close to My Heart unless indicated.
Stamps and Dies:
Falling for You Cardmaking stamp/die bundle (Z4041) - stamp set alone is C1686
Happy Day Cardmaking Workshop Your Way kit (G1139) - "for you" sentiment
Thankful for You thin cut die (Z4036)
Inside/Out Stitch Rectangular dies (My Favorite Things)
Paper and Inks:
White Daisy cardstock
Poppy cardstock
Tangerine, Goldrush, Juniper, Fern, NE Ivy, Toffee, Sorbet and Poppy inks
Other:
Thin 3-D foam (Z2060)
Bronze sequins (Z4029)

Be sure to stop over at the Freshly Made Sketches blog and see other projects using this sketch.  In addition, I entered this card in the Clean & Simple Fall challenge over at Stamp Ink Paper.  Check them out as well.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you enjoy the weekend.  Take it easy - you may have to be raking leaves soon!



8 comments:

Becca-expressions said...

Just BEAUTIFUL!!

stampwithamyk said...

Just beautiful! I love the die cut sentiment and your fall leaves are perfect. Great design! Thanks for joining us at Stamp Ink Paper, hope to see you again soon!

Gingin said...

Very nice CAS Fall card Gail! Love those leaves. Thank you so much for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper :)

Tina's Crop Shop said...

What a beautiful card Gail! I love those leaves tucked under the beautiful Thankful word die cut! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper this week!

LeAnne said...

These leaves are GORGEOUS and I love the layout you created! SO pretty! Thanks for playing with the CAS Fall challenge this week!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Hi Gail, I like how you've layered all those leaves underneath the greeting die. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx

Jan Clothier said...

Beautiful layering and such a pretty choice of colours. What a great win at FMS! Congratulations.

Sheila Bennett said...

Beautiful card, Gail. And congratulations on winning the Queen of Clean for the FMS305 sketch!!