WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Friday, March 24, 2017

Dreamin' Big Birthday Card

I hadn't played much with Close to My Heart's Dreamin' Big papers, so thought it was about time, since they will only be available until the end of April!  I also wanted to use the "Leafy Congrats" stamp (A1203).   This card actually was created in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep.  I had seen a sketch that I liked, but didn't want to turn on my computer, so was working from memory.  Well, I got the basics of the sketch, but not too accurate.  I tried it again with the actual design of the sketch, and decided I liked my first go at it better!  So that is what you see here.

This is the stamp image that I used in the circle.  You will notice that it says "CONGRATS" right in the middle.  Well, I loved the leaves, but not the sentiment, so that's why there is the banner going across the center of the circle with the Happy Birthday greeting!  Now I have multiple ways of using this stamp, and not just to tell someone that they did a great job!

The banner is juniper cardstock, so I used the juniper ink to watercolor the leaves, adding the berries with my Carmine ShinHan marker.  All of the patterned paper is from the Dreamin' Big paper pack, with the addition of black and poppy cardstock.  The circle frame is cut using Lawn Fawn's Stitched Circle Frames.

I am entering this card into the Birthday! challenge over at StampInkPaper this week.  Pop over to their website and check out the other great birthday cards to help Andrea celebrate.

By the way, this card will be one of the projects for my April Stamp Club classes.  Email me at scrappingailaz@gmail.com if you would like more information about this.  Classes will meet on Saturday April 8, Monday April 9, Tuesday April 10 and Thursday April 12.  Pre-stamped kits are available if you are unable to attend those dates, and kits can be mailed if you are out of the area.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you have a great weekend.

1 comment:

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

Hi Gail, love the combination of papers and your alteration of the stamped immage to add the Birthday Sentiment. Gotta love a simple banner greeting. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn xx