WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Flying High Birthday Card

It's spring, and I think of flying kites.  So when I saw this tutorial at splitcoaststampers, I knew I had to create a project with this kite-shaped explosion card.  As cute as the kite was by itself, I wanted to make a "scene" for it with clouds in the sky - but needed to create a 5X7 card to have enough room for everything!  I even added a tail from embroidery floss with ribbon ties on it.
You can see how the card opens up to reveal the message on the inside.  There is a small hook & loop dot at the bottom of both pieces to keep the kite closed. 

I'm entering this card in the Seize the Birthday Challenge this week.  It's an "anything goes" challenge with the option of using a water theme.  Instead, I'm using wind!  Pop over there and check out the other birthday greetings.

This is also the technique card for April's Stamp Club classes.  More information about the class will be posted soon!

Here's a list of materials I used - all are from CTMH unless noted:
Stamps:
Live, Laugh, Love (C1636) front frame - available until April 30
Sending Love (B1504) front sentiment
Floral Banners (D1663) inside sentiment
La Vie En Rose Workshop stamp set (G1100) flower & leaves
Windy Day (retired) clouds inside and out
Papers:
Blossom patterned paper (retired)
Glacier, white daisy, sorbet, and pear cardstock
Inks:
Black
Crystal Blue
Other:
Confetti embossing powder (Z3118)
Hook & Loop Dots (Z1805)
Cricut Artistry cartridge (Z3167) front sentiment shape
Brad from my stash
Embroidery floss and ribbon from my stash

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my work!

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I love your kite with the beautiful flower, and how clever to open the kite and receive the message! Thank you for sharing this at Seize the Birthday!

Betty said...

Love this!

Glenda J said...

This is so clever! What a fabulous card. Thanks for playing along with Seize the Birthday.

Patti said...

This is such a great card Gail - I love it!!