WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

"REJOICE" for Pals Paper Arts Challenge 286

Click on the photo for a clearer picture - the cross is faded out in the post, but looks better when you see the closeup.

This filigree cross is just beautiful, so I wanted to keep the card simple to focus on the image.  The sketch at Pals Paper Arts this week was perfect for that!  I love the split panel for the background of this card - adds interest without detracting from the main element.

All products I used are CTMH
Stamps:
Rejoice (A1184)
Papers:
Whisper, Thistle and White Daisy cardstock
Inks:
Whisper and Thistle
Other:
Silver shimmer trim (Z1799)
Floral embossing folder (Z1994)
Thin mounting foam (Z2060)
Clear sparkle assortment (Z1752)
(center colored gem from my stash)

Here is another version of the card.  I like the canary yellow cardstock, but was afraid that it was too bold for the card.  But, it may grow on me!  Just thought I would share it as well.

Be sure to check out the other creations with the sketch at the Pals Paper Arts blog.
Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

Betty said...

Love the color combos, and like both cards! Don't think there is anything wrong with your blog photos... I think it is just that the stamp is very fine, and in whisper, is a little hard to see. Great job!

Linda Callahan said...

Lovely! The embossed background is wonderful!

Dawn Tidd said...

Such a nice card! I love the leaf embossing and the large cross. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Unknown said...

The cross is beautiful and really stands out on the embossed background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.

Unknown said...

The cross is beautiful and really stands out on the embossed background. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Pals Paper Arts.