During the last week of October, I will hold several workshops featuring this Countdown to Christmas book. Many people were interested in making it when they saw it at the Open House in August. Take a look at the details and see if you would like to join one of the workshop dates.
The book is made using CTMH’s Mini Mix Album. This spiral-bound album contains 12 pages made of a variety of papers - velum, kraft and white cardstock. All pages measure 4” X 4”.
I have used the White Pines Christmas papers to create the cover and pockets for each page.
NOTE: This book does not close flat!
You can see in the photos that each of the pages has a pull-out tag. You will create the designs on these tags so you can use them as you wish—add a photo, use them to journal what you did that day, or use them like an Advent calendar and write activities that you or your family will do on that day. This book can be used in another year by just changing out the tags, which will be easy to cut from cardstock.
Tuesday, October 27
Saturday, October 31
Cost of the workshop is $20 - includes all of the paper supplies, twine & shimmer trim to complete the book.
All the papers will be cut & ready for you to assemble.
Cost of additional supplies is $20.85 (if you place a $50 order) + shipping & tax. The specifics of what needs to be ordered, and other supplies you will need on class day are listed below.
Email me to register:
Confirmed registration is a commitment to purchase the kit if unable to attend the workshop
Notice the embellishments on each page—these are the items you will be purchasing to complete the project as shown.
SUPPLIES NEEDED -
See photos of how the products are used on the project
These items need to be ordered no later than Oct 14 for the Tuesday class and Oct 19 for the Saturday class.
· Z3069 - Mini Mix Album - $6.95
· X7200C - White Pines Complements (the little stickers used) - $5.95
· Z1752 - Clear Sparkles - $2.95
· S1510 - October Stamp of the Month “Twinkle” - for all the label frames and “December” - only $5.00 with a $50 purchase, regularly $17.95. If you don’t have a $50 order, we may be able to combine 2 orders and get one stamp set at full price and one stamp set at the reduced price, and split the difference for those ordering.
Additional supplies for completing the workshop:
· Tape adhesive
· Small glue dots
· Blocks for “label frame” and “December” stamps from S1510
· Score board (I have 3 if you need to borrow one - just let me know when you register)
· Punch for creating the “notch” on the paper pockets on each page. A 1” circle punch will work, or a thumb-notch punch will work (I used the thumb-notch punch). CTMH sells both of these if you do not have one. Both sell for $9.95 and are found on page 149 of the current Annual Inspiration Catalog.
Z1999 - 1” Circle Punch - or - Z3131 - Thumb Notch Punch
· If you have a set of 3/4” numbers to use for stamping the dates, that would be good. I used “In Review” C1622 on page 59. If you did the box/drawer Advent Calendar a few years ago, the numbers are the same ones used in that workshop. Any alphabet set that is approximately 3/4” will work.
· I have 3 stamp pads of each of the colors we will be using, but if you have Glacier, Cranberry, Fern, Chocolate or Champagne, bring them with you - or any ink that is similar.
· If you want holes in your tags for the twine, a Crop-O-Dile punch works well, or a regular hole punch can work as well.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Hope you can join us!