WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

MERRY MONDAY #131 - Non-Traditional Colors




The Snowhaven Cardmaking Workshop on the Go stamp set has some really fun images – and this is one of my favorite sentiments.  I love paper piecing, and this sentiment worked very well with the technique.  



The layout of the card is the same as in the workshop, but that is where the similarities end.  I was inspired by the Merry Monday challenge to use “non-traditional colors” on a Christmas card.  Now I realize that I used the traditional red and green, but I started with the navy blue patterned paper, which actually came from the “Superhero” paper pack.  What could be further from Christmas?!  

I loved the mix of the navy with the red and green, so I am entering this card in the Merry Monday Challenge.





Here is a list of all the materials I used for this card.  All items are from CTMH.
Stamps:
Snowhaven Cardmaking WOTG stamp set G1085
Papers:
Colonial White and Outdoor Denim cardstock
Superhero Background paper (retired)
Inks:
Outdoor Denim, Cranberry and Topiary
Other:
Topiary Striped Washi Tape 2002
Ruby Chevron Washi Tape Z1933
Red Enamel Hearts Z2009
3-D Foam Tape Z1151

Be sure to check out Merry Monday’sChallenge Blog for more non-traditional colors on Christmas cards. 

Thanks for stopping by to take a look!

NOTE - I was told that this card would be featured on the 613 Avenue Creations facebook page - and I was chosen as the Color Designer of the Day for Monday, October 27!

4 comments:

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

Such an awesome sentiment! Love the colors and overall design, Gail! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Excellent card Gail, I love this sentiment. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

Bonnie said...

Love this great sentiment and how you've incorporated the different colors into it! Thanks, Gail, for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

Chana Malkah said...

Hi, Gail,
Love your project! Just dropped by to let you know that you have been selected as our FB Color Designer of the Day for Monday, October 27th. Your design will be featured on our FB page www.facebook.com/avenue613 today starting at 7:00 AM EDT. Welcome to The Front Porch Gang. Please stop by to say hello and to grab your Designer of the Day Badge.
Hugz,
Chana Malkah Harris, Owner
613 Avenue Create Challenge Blog http://avenue613.blogspot.com