WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

JUST US GIRLS PHOTO CHALLENGE #642

 

The photo challenge over at the Just Us Girls blog this week made me think of a different way to use this floral stamp!   To give the look of the hanging vines, I just flipped the image and had it come down from the top of the card.  In addition, I didn't add any color to the flowers - just left everything green, giving the impression of the greenery shown in the photo.

I actually used one of the new colors from Close to My Heart - Seabrook - giving you a sneak peak of what is coming on August 1! 

I used multiple layers of the ink to get the depth of color I wanted, the true side of the cardstock, and die cut the Seabrook glitter paper for the sentiment.  That's harbour cardstock backing it!  The stamp is called "Language of Flowers" (#C1945) from CTMH.  

You can see some of those details a little better in this close-up photo.  

It's always fun to play with new colors for the first time - and I think this turned out well!  Love that they all coordinate.


 

I had so much fun with the single color usage, that I broke out another new ink pad - Periwinkle - and made a slimline card, rotating the floral image so it went both ways on the card.  The blank area was easy to cover with the circle sentiment.

I love challenge blogs, and was so glad for the inspiration provided by Just Us Girls this week.  Click on the blog link (highlighted above) and check out the other creations that have been submitted.   

Thanks for stopping by my blog - and I hope you have a great week!

1 comment:

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Gorgeous! I love how you used that image to create the cascading effect like the greenery in the photo and I love that shade of green. Nice touch with the glittery sentiment, too. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!