WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Thursday, April 28, 2022

SOMETHING FOR MY MOM!


 My husband and I are heading to Nebraska soon to help my mom celebrate her 93rd birthday!  This photo was taken last year for her 92nd.  I knew that I had to do something special with this photo.  when I saw the "Forever a Friend" (D2084) stamp set from Close to My Heart, I knew that floral MOM would be perfect.  Then it was off to find what else would work!

The paperboard plaque that I used as the backing has been sitting on my shelf for years!  I keep moving it, thinking I should just donate it since I didn't have a use for it.  Well, this is one of those times I'm glad I hung onto it!  It was perfect.  I covered the plaque with ModPodge and a sheet from the "In Full Bloom" paper pack.  The elements on the paper helped me as I built my collage.

The bottles are from April's "Message in a Bottle" stamp of the month set, the leaves from "Sprigs & Sentiments", and there are several black acrylic heart shapes.

The doilies that you see - the really large glacier one and the smaller lagoon and peacock - are a sneak peak at products available for the May/June celebration of National Scrapbooking Month.  They are so fun to work with, and provided the perfect backdrop for my project.


The floral MOM and the sentiment are from that inspirational stamp set - Forever A Friend.   The butterfly is from the In Full Bloom die cut shapes.

For that floral MOM title, I played around with colors for a while.  The lighter glacier blue wasn't strong enough, but the lagoon by itself wasn't quite right with my mom's jacket!  So, I pulled out the retired peacock ink pad, and after stamping the flowers in the lagoon ink, I rolled the edges in the peacock ink, I got the look I wanted.  Luckily, the leaves were a separate stamp!

The Heart 2 Heart Challenge Blog's current project guidelines were to include flora or fauna on your artwork.  Well, I think I've got that covered!

And the Shopping Our Stash challenge theme is "What a Difference You've Made in My Life."  My mom has always been there for me, supporting me, and teaching me, no matter how old we both get!   

You can click on either of those blog titles and you'll pop over to the blogs, where you can enjoy the projects created by others using the same themes.

Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy those in your life that have made a difference to you.


 

3 comments:

dj said...

Happy 93 birthday to here...what a milestone! Beautifully done!! Way to go shopping your stash...beautiful card for that special lady in your life!! Thanks for playing along with our "What a difference you made" challenge over at SOS!!

Cat Nowak said...

Fabulous mother's day gift!! Love when it pays to hold on to things, your project is stunning. Thank you for joining us at Heart 2 Heart!

Betty said...

This is beautiful! Enjoy your visit and trip!!