WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Thursday, April 28, 2022

COFFEE HELPS - The Paper Players Sketch Challenge

 

I've just finished my first cup of coffee for the day, so I guess I'm ready to do some work!  This set - "Coffee Helps" - is a sneak peak at products from the upcoming May/June catalog from Close to My Heart.  Once available, I'll come back and add some details of the items used.

The design of this card was based on the sketch this week at the Paper Players Challenge Blog.  I certainly took up more space on my card with the images, but it's still the same basic style.  

The background was cut from mint cardstock using the "Decorative Texture Background Thin Cut" die. 

The "Postage Frame Thin Cut" dies were cut from mocha cardstock, with a little of the retired almond cardstock as backing.

I love that the stamp set has coordinating dies to cut out the images.  I used Spectrum Noir TriBlend markers to color them - ice grey blends & shades, red brown blends, gold yellow blends, jade green blends, tan blends & shades, coral blends & shades, and of course, the blending marker!


Click on this link so you can pop over to the Paper Players Challenge Blog to check out the other creations using this sketch. 

Thanks for stopping by - and enjoy your coffee!

2 comments:

Cindy Beach said...

What a great take on our sketch, Gail! A coffee theme always makes a fun card, and this one is a great design! I love the textured background die, what a terrific detail it adds! Thanks for playing along with us at The Paper Players!

Ann Schach said...

Adorable, Gail! The textured background is amazing. These colors together make for such a fun card. What a cute sentiment! I am so glad you shared with The Paper Players this week!