WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

CHEERS for Mojo Monday Sketch


When I first saw the stamp set "Cheers My Dears", I knew that I wanted to use it on memory pages of friends together at convention sharing our margaritas!  Well, so far that hasn't happened, but at least I did get a card done.  Now I just need to make a few more of these and send them off to those friends.  I think the sketch over at Mojo Monday was perfect to bring that smaller image to the forefront of the card, but have lots of details going on behind it.

Speaking of details, I wanted you to see this drink up close.  I did a bit of ink smooshing on the white stitched circle with glacier ink before stamping the glass.  The beverage part was stamped with flamingo ink, and then I applied Pink Taffeta Stickles to the inked area.  Once that dried, I added Liquid Glass to the entire glass area to give a more realistic appearance to the glass.  The little umbrella was stamped on the glass, and then I stamped another on scrap paper.  I colored that one with Spectrum Noir markers, cut it out, and popped it up with a small glue dot for a little dimension.

The papers in the background are from the current CTMH Mix-In papers, and I added glacier and black cardstock.  The diagonal edge was cut using the Fancy Border Thin Cut Dies.

The stamp set "Cheers My Dears" (https://bit.ly/3np541i) can be found on my CTMH website, and is actually on sale until the end of April 2021!

Be sure to check out the other creations made with this sketch over at the Mojo Monday post over at the Poetic Artistry blog. 

Thanks for stopping by!
 

2 comments:

Betsy Lewis Gully said...

What an adorable card! I think I want a margarita now!

Greetings from Gail said...

I'll join you Betsy!!!