WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Sunday, February 6, 2022

Friendship Valentine for Multiple Challenges

 Do you need a Valentine for your friends?  
How about a bouquet of hearts?

I wanted to create some Valentine cards but didn't want to use any set that was designated for Valentine's Day!  I had some ideas of what I wanted to create, but had to look through my boxes of stamp sets to find what would work to create what was in my mind.  This bouquet of hearts is my favorite.

I started by going through me stamp sets labeled "floral" to find a bouquet that would work well with hearts covering the flowers themselves.  This set is quite old, but had enough space between the flowers to accommodate the heart overlays.  It took a bit of searching to find stamp/die sets that had the right size hearts to work on the bouquet, but I am really happy with the way it turned out.   I used glacier, raspberry, wisteria, peach, flamingo, lilac, and canary inks for the hearts.  I also colored the flowers that were below the hearts in a similar color since some of the flowers peak out behind the hearts.  All of the hearts have some foam behind them to give dimension to the card front.  The "just for you" sentiment (M1309) is from one of the new mini greetings sets.

There are several papercrafting challenge blogs that had a theme that worked with this card.  Here are the links to each of these blogs so you can check out the other creations with the friendship/love/heart theme.

The Paper Players Challenge PP577 - Love & Friendship 

Addicted to CAS #213 - Hearts

Just Us Girls #618 - Friends


 

6 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love this fun bouquet of hearts! Any friend would love this. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Nancy said...

This is such an amazing card! I adore those hearts and the way you did the outline too! It totally caught my attention at TPP and then I was happy to see that you linked up with us at Just Us Girls! Thanks for inspiring me this morning!

Cécile RIBON said...

What a super sweet card! This bouquet of hearts is absolutely lovely! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Just Us Girls.

Christy Lynn said...

The heart flowers are adorable! I like how you used all different colors for the hearts, and the deep pink sentiment is perfect. Thanks for playing along with us at the Paper Players!

Anne Marie Hile said...

Such a fun and happy card! Thanks so much for joining us this week over at The Paper Players!

Helen said...

Beautiful design - love the colours you've used.

Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

Helen x