WELCOME to my blog! This is the place to see what class offerings I have. I am also a consultant for Close to my Heart, a company that offers stamping and scrapbooking supplies. Take a look at the products and specials they are currently offering.

I hope you find something of interest to you.

Saturday, March 20, 2021

Bunny Garden Gate on a Gate-Fold Card!

I have happy memories of an arched trellis in our neighbor's yard as I was growing up.  The roses were beautiful, and it wasn't unusual for a bird to build a nest and raise their babies right there next to us!  So I couldn't resist getting the Daisy Meadows Cardmaking Workshop Kit (G1226) if only to use that garden archway die! 

I decided that the garden gate really should be on a gate-fold card, so here you see how it opens!

This sweet little bunny from the Snuggle Up Stamp/Die set (Z3727) or stamp only (C1843) was perfect for the front.  I used a sentiment from Happy Easter Bunny (A1246) and some little eggs from a stamp set that retired ten years ago!  Nice to have those things in your stash when you need them!

There were several recent challenges that had a theme of bunnies or hopping, so I thought this card would work for them.  These are the challenges where you can find this card.  Click on the links to see other creations that follow the theme:

Fusion Card Challenge - Easter Eggs

Inspired By Challenge - Bunny Roll

Stinkin' Inkers Challenge - Hop To It! 

You can see that I just couldn't stop creating with this garden arch, so I did an actual garden scene with the second card, but no gate-fold! 

I used ink blending and a stencil to create the background of the cards, and actually created a video that discusses these things:

  • You will notice one background is plain and one has a cloud pattern.  Both used regular die inks and I share the three options of tools I like best for inking.
  • The cloud background was created with a stencil that I cut myself using a die.  I show you several options of materials to use to make your own stencils, and what you choose may depend on how often you think you will use it!  Oh - and if you don't have a die that works for creating a cloud, just draw some arches and cut them out on a strip.  It works just as well.
  • The bunny card is a gate-fold card.  But when you ink the front of a gate-fold card, you have to take extra steps to keep the front closed.  Watch the easy way to do that!
  • The arch is rather narrow, so adding foam to pop it up really wasn't an option.  After all, look at how many pickets are on the fence and gate!  So I used multiple layers of the die and glued them together to achieve the dimension I wanted.
All of the times for the various techniques that I used are available in the information about the video on YouTube.  So you can just click on those time links and be taken directly to that section.  And there are links to all the materials I used on the cards as well.

I hope you enjoy this video - there's a LOT of information for you!

Thanks for stopping by!  

I hope you give the inking and the gate-fold card a try!

 

5 comments:

Lisa Elton said...

What a cute little bunny, this is delightful! Thanks for joining us at IB!

Danni Reid said...

Your garden arch invites a bunny or several that will smirk as he greets the spring day, both cards are SO sweet, love your blended scene too, awesome cards! Thank you for inspiring us this week @IB!

Silke Ledlow said...

How adorable...the gate design with the bunny is just darling! Thank you for joining us!

Jeanne J. said...

This is so sweet! I love the garden gate and that you made this a tri fold card.. so inviting.

Betty said...

I just love this card... so creative! And the video was very helpful... love your style!!